Who are we?
Irembo is a technology company in the gov-tech and fin-tech spaces that designs and develops digital products focused on users in Africa, starting with Rwanda. Irembo has five years of experience creating Irembo’s pioneer product, the online platform irembo.gov.rw which helps Rwandan citizens and foreigners to access over 100 public services. To date, it has enabled 20M+ transactions and we have ambitions and plans to scale our technology across Africa to enable more governments and enterprises to serve their users better. More information is available on irembo.com.
At Irembo, Engineers develop technologies that change the way millions of people interact with digital services. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to take on new problems and push our products forward.
The Infrastructure unit is a central entity that works closely with all Irembo departments on building great products. The responsibilities and activities of the infrastructure unit inside the Engineering Team are regrouped into three main categories:
- Build and Scale great Infrastructure that supports smooth product releases, and champions performance, reliability, and security.
- Providing Monitoring, Observability to help proactively identify long-term trends for capacity planning, detect outages, services degradations, bugs, and reduce the time to solve
- Managing Incidents relevant to Infrastructure.
You will be part of the infrastructure team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
What you will do:
- For designing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting our growing hardware and software network, firewalls, and servers infrastructure. Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
- Maintain High Uptime of networks and server devices.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Implement security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem-solving.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
You will be a great fit if:
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
- Proven hands-on experience in the management and administration of NGFWs from different vendors - Fortinet, Cisco, Juniper, Sophos, F5, etc.
- Network certifications from hardware vendors are a plus. Such as CCNA, CCNP, etc.
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and network analytics tools especially. Knowledge of Grafana, Prometheus, and Nagios is a plus.
- Experience in programming with Python or shell scripting is a plus
- Analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Teamwork skills and the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams and the organization’s partners.
- Good project management skills.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Solid scripting and Configuration Management skills are good Pluses.
- University degree in Computer Science or a related subject or equivalent experience.
Benefits and compensation:
- 100% Medical Insurance cover for you and your family (spouse and children)
- Monthly communication allowance (MTN or Airtel)
- Lunch, snacks, and coffee at work
- Home Internet
- Annual gym membership
- Interest-free salary advances
- Annual paid leave - 21 days
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Project and Spot bonuses where applicable
- Flexible working hours
- RSSB Contribution
- A new laptop for work
- A great working environment with growth & learning opportunities and a young, diverse & creative team!
How to apply?
- Our head office is based in Kigali, Rwanda
- Rwandan and international applicants are welcome
We're on a mission to change our continent through technology. We're committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds, nationalities, and walks of life.