Who we are:
Irembo is a technology company that designs and develops digital products focused on users in Africa, starting with Rwanda. IremboGov, Irembo’s pioneer product, is a government services platform. To date, it has enabled 13M+ transactions since its creation and oﬀers about 100 services online to Rwandan and international users. We are using this experience to develop a wide range of products that will transform the tech ecosystem as we know it.
At Irembo, Engineers develop technologies that change the way millions of people interact with digital services. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems and push our products forward.
What you will do:
1. Monitor and Deploy Databases:
- Perform installations, configuration, and upgrades of database software and related products.
- Daily database performance monitoring, optimization, and tuning to ensure maximum availability and high performance.
- Perform proactive database maintenance, monitoring, and database log management.
- Manage and perform database purging, indexing, backups, and recovery activities.
- Maintain development, test, and production database environments.
- Manage / Plan / optimize for the growth of Irembo Databases.
- You will be expected to be hands-on in maintaining site availability.
2. Data Pipeline
- Familiar with ETL tools and processes (MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Apache Nifi, Apache Spark / Spark Streaming)
- Exposure to Real-Time Analytics and the tradeoffs between different technologies (Apache Pinot, Ksql, Druid).
- Understanding and transforming our data to drive value for both the government and citizens
You will be a great fit if:
- Experience working on highly available, fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience in related Databases.
- You are comfortable backing up, restoring, indexing, tuning, and monitoring performance as well as approving, rejecting, or advising on schema changes of database systems.
- Expertise in Java Programming
- You are humble and eager to learn from mistakes and you always share your hard-won lessons.
- You have experience and are confident in debugging Linux systems
- Map Reduce Concepts and Practical Applications
- Managing Data Warehouses
How to apply?
- Submit your CV (mandatory) and your cover letter (optional) for the role at https://irembo.bamboohr.com/jobs/ by 10-June, 2022, but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- Our head office is based in Kigali, Rwanda
- Rwandan and international applicants are welcome