Who we are:
Irembo is a technology company in the gov-tech and fin-tech spaces that designs and develops digital products focused on users in Africa, starting with Rwanda. Irembo has five years of experience creating Irembo’s pioneer product, the online platform irembo.gov.rw which helps Rwandan citizens and foreigners to access over 100 public services. To date, it has enabled 20M+ transactions and we have ambitions and plans to scale our technology across Africa to enable more governments and enterprises to serve their users better. More information is available on irembo.com.
As a Senior Product Manager at Irembo, you will lead the discovery and delivery of innovative products that will meaningfully impact our customers' lives. Working with Engineering, Design, Business, and Customer Success teams, you’ll actively drive the roadmap of a product and consistently ship joyful experiences to our customers.
What you will do:
- Lead the ideation, design, technical development, and launch of innovative products or features that deliver meaningful impact to customers and Irembo.
- Deﬁne a compelling product roadmap aligned with Irembo strategic objectives and rally the rest of the organization behind it.
- Deﬁne product success metrics to track and derive value and insights from them.
- Drive a consistent shipping cadence with high-quality outcomes by collaborating with Design, Engineering, and Quality Assurance.
- Lead product experimentations to continuously learn and innovate.
- Clearly, concisely and assertively communicate product progress or project status to different stakeholders.
- Write detailed requirements for major products.
- Manage and develop a team of product managers.
You will be a good ﬁt if:
- You are passionate about designing and building great products that matter and make a difference.
- You have significant experience designing, building, and launching 0 to 1 digital products. An experience with Payment platforms or services will be a plus.
- You have 5+ years of experience in Product Management, Engineering, or Technology strategy.
- You have a strong product sense.
- You are innovative and relentlessly customer/user-focused.
- You have a solid understanding of web and mobile technologies and user experience design patterns.
- You are obsessed with details and data-driven decision-making.
- You have demonstrated tenacity, resilience, and leadership experience to organize and lead projects, overcome challenges, and deliver within time and with quality.
- You have superb communication skills: you are able to communicate complex thoughts simply, write meticulously, and give outstanding presentations.
- You have a great sense of accountability: you take ownership of problems and challenges and don't apportion blame to others.
- You have a get-it-done mindset: you are able to roll your sleeves up and do what needs doing to get things done.
- You have people management experience.
- You have a B.S. or MS in Computer Science or related ﬁeld.
Benefits and compensation:
- 100% Medical Insurance cover for you and your family (spouse and children)
- Monthly communication allowance (MTN or Airtel)
- Lunch, snacks and coffee at work
- Home Internet
- Annual gym membership
- Interest-free salary advances
- Annual paid leave - 21 days
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Project and Spot bonuses where applicable
- Flexible working hours
- RSSB Contribution
- A new laptop for work
- A great working environment with growth & learning opportunities and a young, diverse & creative team!
- Our head office is based in Kigali, Rwanda
- Rwandan and international applicants are welcome
We're on a mission to change our continent through technology. We're committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds, nationalities, and walks of life.