Who we are:
Irembo is a technology company that designs and develops digital products focused on users in Africa, starting with Rwanda. IremboGov, Irembo’s pioneer product, is a government services platform. To date, it has 8M+ users in Rwanda and oﬀers 98 services online. We are using this experience to develop a wide range of products that will transform the tech ecosystem as we know it.
Irembo Software Engineers develop technologies that change the way millions of people interact with digital services. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems and push our products forward
What you will do:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and continuously improve the software.
- You will develop effective communication channels between various teams - technical and non-technical.
- You will be expected to collaborate with the products team to deliver new and exciting products to the market.
- Responsible for code reviews as well as providing mentorship.
- Evaluate and conduct interviews for candidates in our hiring pipeline.
You will be a good ﬁt if:
- You have knowledge of data structures and various algorithms. You have a strong understanding of object-oriented software principles.
- You constantly ask the right clarifying questions to make sure we are building the right product.
- You are humble and eager to learn from mistakes and you always share your hard-won lessons.
- You have strong debugging abilities and are always happy to lend a helping hand.
- You have shown self-drive / motivation to learn and develop your technical skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
How to apply?
- Submit your CV (mandatory) and your cover letter (optional) for the role at https://irembo.bamboohr.com/jobs/ by 15-June, 2022, but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- Our head office is based in Kigali, Rwanda
- Rwandan and international applicants are welcome